GO SWIM Butterfly Basics with Steve Haufler
Steve Haufler is widely recognized as one of the best stroke teachers in the world. In GO SWIM BUTTERFLY BASICS, Steve shares his secrets for teaching an efficient and fast butterfly to swimmers of all ages and abilities.
Steve's teaching progression, based on more than 30 years of experience as a coach and learn-to-swim instructor, has proven effective for thousands of swimmers, from beginner to advanced, age group to Masters. It really works, and in this video he makes it accessible for every coach and every swim instructor.
By watching Steve as he gives unrehearsed lessons to real swimmers (age 6, 7, and 8), you'll learn:
* A simple, 5-step progression for teaching correct butterfly body position...arm action...kick...timing...and breathing.
* How to use the progression when you're teaching butterfly from on deck.
* How to modify the progression when you're teaching from in the water.
* Steve's favorite drills, phrases, and teaching methods for fixing the most common butterfly stroke problems.
* How to teach the all-important underwater dolphin kick.
* Steve's "bag of tricks" for fine-tuning the butterfly stroke and for getting swimmers ready for top performance.
By watching master instructor Steve Haufler, you will come away with a butterfly teaching sequence that works...and with dozens of inventive and creative ideas for teaching what is considered to be the most difficult stroke. Once you try Steve's progression, and see the results, you'll know that you've reached a new level as a teacher and coach. You'll gain confidence that you can teach ANY swimmer to have an efficient butterfly.
STEVE HAUFLER, head coach of the Orinda Country Club in Orinda, California, is considered by many to be a genius at teaching the four strokes and getting kids ready for competitive swimming. His teaching methods are also known to instill a lifelong love of swimming, because he knows how to make lessons fun. Steve's young students (some as young as 5 and 6) progress rapidly from lessons to swim team.
GO SWIM BUTTERFLY BASICS was written, filmed, and produced by the team of GLENN MILLS, a member of the 1980 USA Olympic Swim Team, and BARBARA HUMMEL, veteran of two Olympic Trials. Both are coaches, learn-to-swim instructors, and World Top-Ten Masters swimmers.