GO SWIM Backstroke with Jeff Rouse
In GO SWIM BACKSTROKE, Gold Medalist Jeff Rouse shares the key focus points that he uses to develop perfect backstroke technique. Jeff''s six focus points work for every level of swimmer -- novice to elite -- and you don't have to learn drills or change your normal workout routine in order to incorporate them into your stroke. You can start to apply them immediately, the next time you go to the pool. The extraordinary swimming footage of Jeff, combined with his clear, step-by-step instruction, will help take your backstroke to the next level.
* Discover Jeff's 6 key focus points for fast backstroke.
* Learn WHY each key point is important, and HOW each one will help you go faster.
* Each focus point is illustrated from multiple angles -- side, head-on, below, and rear -- and from above and below the surface.
* Slow-motion and freeze-frame footage allows you to zoom in on key moves and really SEE how to do them.
* Use Jeff's favorite drills to practice each key element... or just GO SWIM. The 6 simple focal points will help you improve, even without drills.
* In a special bonus interview section, Jeff talks about his training and motivation, about goal setting and dealing with disappointment, and his most memorable race -- his 1996 Olympic victory in Atlanta.
JEFF ROUSE has been at the elite level of his sport for more than two decades, and since the age of nine. He is a 3-time World Champion, 7-time NCAA Champion, 4-time National Champion, former world record holder, 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist (100M Backstroke), and was Captain of the 1996 USA Olympic Swim Team. In 2001, he was honored as one of swimming historic figures, with induction into the International Swimming Hall of Fame,
GO SWIM BACKSTROKE WITH JEFF ROUSE was written, filmed, and produced by the team of GLENN MILLS, a member of the 1980 Olympic Swim Team, and BARBARA HUMMEL, veteran of two Olympic Trials and currently a coach and World Top-Ten Masters swimmer.
Running Time: 1 hour